- Conferencing – I will schedule at least 2 conferences for each student during the school year. Generally, one will be held in early fall and another in early spring. In the event you would like to discuss your child’s progress at another time, please feel free to contact me to set up a mutually convenient time. I will always be happy to meet with you.
- FCA Webpage – Address: www.foundationchristianacademy.org
In addition, I encourage you to check this website each week for homework assignments, announcements, upcoming news, etc.
Homework – All students are to return homework the day after it is assigned. Please help your child set up good habits early as it will benefit them throughout their school career.
- Make-Up Work - If you know that your child is going to be absent in advance, please let me know and I will make arrangements to get them their work ahead of time. Otherwise, I will give a folder of missed assignments to your child upon their return to class. If it is an extended absence due to illness, I will leave a folder in the front office after the 2nd day absent for you to pick up. With that said, please be aware that our classroom is based on many different types of activities and several of the activities are hands on. Your child will be practicing skills in a variety of ways that do not all require paper/pencil work. Because of this, it is extremely important that your child comes to school each and every day unless ill. Be aware that in many cases there will be very little “make-up” work.
- Money – During the school year, you will be asked to send in money for various reasons. Please follow these steps: (1) Place money in envelope and seal it (2) Write your child’s name and reason for money on outside of envelope
- Student Planners – Each student is required to purchase a planner. Daily homework assignments will be written in the planner as well as any teacher comments. Please initial the planner each day. I will look at the planner each morning for any communication coming from home.
- Snack – Your child may bring a snack to be eaten in class each day. This should be something small & easy that can be eaten without any utensils while your child is working. Examples: go-gurt, fruit, crackers, granola bar, etc. NO CANDY OR DRINKS PLEASE!
- Water Bottles – Students may keep a water bottle at their desks. FCA’s policy is that this must be plain water and the bottle must have a lid. No powdered mixes may be added to this water in the classroom.
- Contacting Me – You can call me at the school (813-654-2969) and I will return your call on my break or after school. Probably the best way to contact me is via email. Feel free to email me with questions or concerns at any time… email@example.com. I try to check my email every day.